Surf Lakes – Unique Wave Pool Franchise
13 Jan 2022 - A huge man-made lake with a giant plunger that creates numerous waves for every minute. You are not dreaming, this is what Surf Lakes – Unique wave pool franchise offers. This innovative franchise creates a best wave pool facility for fun and learning. Christopher Brinkley, Director of Sales – Europe/MENA tells us about this one of a kind franchise that is literally creating waves of excitement all around the world.
1.How did you enter in the franchise business?
Founder Director of World Franchise Associates Ltd in 2007 to present; prior to that from 1996 Sales Director with Blenheim Exhibitions for National Franchise Expo UK, then with NewsCorp; franchise consultant with Franchise Development Services.
2. Where and how did the idea of your concept come from?
Contracted by Surf Lakes in October 2020 to develop new international markets in particular Europe, MENA Region
3. What inspired the brand name?
Owner of Surf Lakes, Aaron Treviss comments: “It all started from a ripple really. I was throwing rocks into water with the kids when the idea hit me. What followed was a lot of research, looking at how nature makes waves, how one swell interacts with multiple reefs and beaches. Nature was the inspiration because we wanted the waves to be as natural as possible.” Aaron Trevis, Founder and CEO
4. What is the story behind the brand’s logo?
A vision – Surf Lakes vision is to become the biggest brand in surfing . . . Sustainably via building surfing communities to create a healthier world – The logo reflects this dynamic, the unique circular design and the action of the waves
5. What makes your brand different from your competitors?
The unique opportunity for a wide range of water sports and swimming together with five different levels of surfing competency for families with children to top professional surfers. This is a major opportunity to invest in the unforgettable experiences of ‘riding the waves with Surf Lakes’. Surf Lakes is also a brilliant real estate development / licensed business investment proposition to include Restaurants and Retail.
6. What are the essential qualities that you look for in a franchisee?
Serve to Lead
7. How long does it take, in an average, for your franchisee to realize their investment? Surf Lakes offer 2 models Surf Lakes XL (with 5 different wave breaks). CAPEX US$ 30 million Surf Lales Standard (with 3 different wave breaks). CAPEX US$ 20 million Surf Lakes offers specific business plans for both models showing different pricing rates, allowance for seasonal changes, and all associated costs which provide the various ROI for the first and subsequent years.
8. What was the major challenge you faced in your career, and how did you overcome it?
Managing one’s own business in the leisure industry but then having to put it into voluntary liquidation after 12 years following a family crisis. Re-starting late in life meant drawing on deep personal resources with a renewed commitment to faith in Jesus Christ, which transformed my career.
8.1. What is your best achievement?
Responsibility to help organize major international franchise events especially as a platinum partner for the Global Restaurant Leadership Conferences in Dubai and Singapore.
9. How does your business day start?
Up early around 6am with focused quiet time; breakfast and then walking the dog! Responding to important emails and meetings up to 11am.
10. What was your best moment throughout your franchise career?
Winning 1st prize in the Charity Appeal ‘Dubai Cares’ sponsored by Coca Cola in 2018 for 4 people to travel to Orlando with expenses paid and fast track tickets for all the major rides!
11. Where do you see your brand in the next 5 years?
World leader within 2 years due to the Surf Lakes unique design and universal appeal to open the doors to a healthy modern lifestyle
12. Any tips you want to impart to our readers who want to be in the franchise industry?
Make it a priority to learn about the ethics of the business
Ask the right questions of the business and of yourself
Engage a professional franchise consultant
For any further franchising queries you can contact:
Surf Lakes Director of Sales – Europe/MENA:
Christopher Brinkley – Christopher@surf-lakes.com.au
The Franchise Talk